Construction can be challenging, both in theory and practical to a non-professional.
Among all those technical aspects of construction, remodel, or new build, code compliance, and violations are on top of the list of the things any homeowner hardly understands.
So it is bound to feel like an impossible feat if you’re trying to do it all by yourself without the help of a professional.
Thankfully you don’t have to be a building code expert to ensure your building meets all the code standards.
Instead, you can always learn a few basic steps as you trust the expertise of professionals.
The basic steps would include:
- Getting all your permits ready
- Obtaining a copy of the local building code and familiarizing with the codes
- Schedule a meeting with an inspector before the start of the project
- Keep close communication with the inspector to ensure you’re aware of what goes on in the project.
- And ensure your building contractors are aware of the building codes if you want your project to pass the inspections.
Areas of focus in remodel or new build code compliance and violations
Building codes are comprehensive, but the most important areas for any construction project are:
- Department of health requirement codes
- Fire safety codes
- Structural codes
- Energy conservation codes
- Mechanical and plumbing codes
- And much more
Always take your time and familiarize yourself with most of these areas before undertaking your remodeling or building project.
Ask questions from experts if you need to and be informed on every detail because at the end of the day, it is your building on the line.
If you are looking forward to starting a remodeling project or a new build in Miami and the surrounding areas, you’ve got plenty of options.
AASAP Corp is among them and is a leading contracting company specializing in remodeling and new construction projects as well as code compliance and violations services. Call them today.